|Posted by Mevonnie Hugh on October 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM|
Finally, improving your personality is not an easy task but wanting to improve, believing you can improve them is an important aspect. We all have character weaknesses. We often recognize the unfavourable features in others but not our own. Or if we do we find excuses for them thereby creating a detour on our path of success.
So what are your flaws? Can you honestly recognize and analyze them? If you can, do you know the traits that will best express who you really are inside? Here are some of the basic factors of success. How many of them do you possess?
1. Dependability. Can you do what you say you are going to do? A dependable person does not say “Yes” unless absolutely sure a promise can be carried out.
2. Accuracy in Performance. If you want to do a good job, you take pride in your work. You check everything for accuracy. Nothing is presented without your seal of approval.
3. Ability to follow instructions properly/attention to details. You follow written instructions to the ‘t’. You always write down or record oral instructions and never depend on memory.
4. Punctuality and attendance. You make it your duty to be ready to work each day and to be on time. You are serious about giving an honest day of work for an honest day’s pay. You do not resent the time you give to your job as you are investing with the hope of future returns.
5. Aptitude and attitude. You have a natural ability for the job, especially one that can be further developed. You learn quickly and enjoy what you do.
6. Personality. You are a positive and cheerful person. You accept yourself; you accept others. You cooperate and get along with your co-workers.
7. Neatness. Everything you need is easily accessible. You keep all your work areas and equipment neat and orderly.
8. Appropriate dress and grooming. You investigate the dress code of the company before you apply for the job. You ensure that your person and attire are clean and cared for. Being properly groomed inspires self-confidence.
9. Motivation. You have enthusiasm for your job and you give yourself incentives, reasons to do something to achieve your goals.
10. Fitness: Physical fitness is part of your daily routine. Mental fitness is very important in times of crisis. You prepare yourself to perform under pressure without overpowering fear or anxiety with relaxation techniques.
If you do not possess all the above, it is a good idea to start your improvement campaign now. Whether you work for yourself or for someone else, educate or reeducate yourself, if needed. Learn everything you can about your field. Have integrity, show some initiative, be cooperative, adaptable to change and practise common courtesies.
"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success." - Norman Vincent Peale
About the Author: Mevonnie Hugh is an affiliate marketer/ independent business owner who promotes business opportunities & healthy living both online and offline. Learn more at http://proearnja.com and http://mymiracleplant.blogspot.com
Categories: Personal Development